- 1 Rock Cornish hens
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- optional: 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
note: If you have leftover honey mustard packets from fast food adventures, that works as a sauce too! Just replace the items in blue with 2-4 honey mustard packs.
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line your baking dish with aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Put a rack in the dish if you can for more even cooking.
- Put the hen breast side down in the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the honey, poppy seeds, mustard and ginger. Brush the sauce over the hen.
- Roast uncovered for 1/2 hour. Turn the hen over and brush the sauce over it again.
- Roast for another 1/2 hour.